Our goal is to provide you with basic information about our services and policies, as you move to a higher level of personal fulfillment.
Length of Treatment
Psychotherapy typically involves regular sessions, which are approximately 50 minutes long. The duration of treatment varies, depending on individual needs and progress.
All information regarding your contact with our office and staff, will be kept confidential according to general protocol. If you direct Psychological Wellness, in writing, to disclose information to specific individuals, we will provide that service for you.
Legally mandated exceptions to patient/professional confidentiality include:
- If a patient is a threat to self or to another person, authorities will be notified and attempts to notify family will be made
- If suspicion of abuse of children or of vulnerable adults exists, appropriate agencies will be notified.
- If you seek insurance company reimbursement or third-party payers information relevant to the delivery of service, service types, dates, diagnosis, prognosis, and clinical notes may be required to be disclosed.
- Upon receipt of court order, release of client records may be required in some cases.
- Parents (including non-custodial) or legal guardians of non-emancipated minor patients, have access rights to minor’s records.
- In the event of the death of a patient, the spouse or parents/guardians of a non-emancipated deceased minor patient have the right to access records.